Tim leads our Capital Structuring practice. As a highly skilled commercial lawyer Tim advises clients on efficient and effective business structures that facilitate access to the capital necessary for growth or acquisition. Capital Structuring extends to business restructuring whether solvent or insolvent and to enable generational business succession or exit.
Tim provides pragmatic advice that has seen him develop key client relationships across a range of industries including manufacturing, construction, agri-business, technology, tourism and environmental.
Tim’s experience includes advising:
- owners of successful family businesses on establishing or restructuring their businesses into corporate entities to protect family and business assets, fund growth and develop family wealth
- on business restructures prior to investment by third party investors to sell down owners’ interest and provide access to expansion capital
- a multi-generational food manufacturing family business on their business restructure to enable generational business succession and retirement
- restructure of a trading trust owned by multiple diversely owned investment trusts into an unlisted public company prior to ultimately listing on ASX
- a fast growing construction business on the restructure of its business driven by unfunded business risk outside its control and business succession strategies
- a large multi-generational farming family business on a complex business restructure into separate farming business controlled by siblings effective on death of father
Tim is listed in Doyle’s Guide and Best Lawyers in the areas of Corporate Law, Commercial Law, Planning and Environment, Agricultural and Rural Affairs, Trusts and Estates and Wealth Management/ Succession Planning and has numerous ‘Lawyer of Year’ accolades.