Nick is the leader of our Debt Capital Markets team. He has 24 years’ experience acting for Australian and international financiers and borrowers in corporate finance, acquisition finance, real estate and construction finance and general finance across a range of sectors including financial services, property, manufacturing, health, aviation, logistics, social and affordable housing and technology.
Prior to joining Kain, Nick gained significant experience in top tier firms in Sydney and London. In addition to private practice, Nick has first rate in-house experience, having been the sole Australian legal counsel for three years at Fortress Investment Group (an asset-based investment management fund) as well as having completed multiple secondments at a major Australian bank and at a niche financial services provider to global private equity and hedge fund managers.
Nick’s banking and finance experience includes acting for:
- Qualitas Group on various bilateral and syndicated construction and land acquisition finance facilities (across New South Wales, Victoria and Queensland;
- MaxCap Group on various syndicated construction and land acquisition facilities across New South Wales, Victoria and Queensland;
- Quintet Yorkway in connection with various construction facilities across New South Wales and Victoria;
- Bricktop in connection with various land acquisition and construction facilities in New South Wales;
- Property developers in connection with various land acquisition, construction and acquisition facilities from financiers including PAG, Metrics, Moelis and Monark; and
- Tier 1 and Tier 2 Community Housing Providers in connection with financing from the National Housing Finance and Investment Corporation.