Michael is the leader of our Capital Structuring practice. He is an experienced transactions lawyer who works closely with business owners to provide commercial and pragmatic advice to deliver on their strategic outcomes.
Michael has assisted several large business owners buy and sell businesses and companies that operate both locally and nationally. Michael has a particular focus in debt markets, regularly advising clients on debt structuring and restructuring. His debt and transactions experience includes advising:
- Kelsian Group Limited (ASX: KLS) in obtaining a club facility to refinance its existing financing arrangements and to finance the acquisition of Transit Systems group;
- Stilmark Group in obtaining a $130 million syndicated facility to refinance its existing financing arrangements and to facilitate the roll out of new mobile phone towers across Australia;
- ROC Partners on a number of deals including a $192 million syndicated facility to support a contested public takeover, a $60 million facility to assist with the acquisition and refinance of a large agricultural group and structured finance facility to fund the acquisition and future working capital of Lachlan River Almonds Group;
- A Singaporean private equity fund in respect of the provision of $150 million in structured finance to fund the expansion of Aura Holdings’ retirement village development portfolio;
- A large private philanthropic trust on its debt structure for its Summer Housing company; and
- A number of large South Australian businesses on the establishment of corporate debt facilities (including facilities in excess of $30 million).
Having practiced as an accountant at a Big 4 firm, Michael brings a unique technical financial depth of knowledge to our clients and applies it through a legal and commercial lens to achieve their strategic goals.