Josh is an experienced litigator in our Transaction Disputes team. With experience in complex commercial and construction litigation, Josh has a strong technical skill set which is complemented by a commercial and practical approach when assisting clients with their disputes.
Josh is a staunch advocate and has acted for a variety of clients throughout Australia, from Magistrates Court to Supreme and Federal Court matters. He has comprehensive experience in significant Security of Payment adjudications, acting on behalf of both claimants and respondents.
Josh’s experience includes:
- Advising companies, directors, shareholders and trustees about their rights and obligations in various commercial contexts;
- Acting for an apartment purchaser in a residential property dispute about variations and penalties;
- Advising an Australian entity on the consequences of terminating a contract between one of its international subsidiaries;
- Advising a telecommunication infrastructure business in relation to a planning appeal in Victoria;
- Advising a manufacturing client in an arbitration arising out of a commercial construction contract dispute about variations, extensions of time and liquidated damages; and
- Advising an ASX listed company on an ACCC merger clearance to ensure the successful acquisition of a portfolio company.
Josh was named as ‘One to Watch’ in the area of Construction/Infrastructure Law in Best Lawyers 2024 edition and is listed as a ‘National Rising Star’ in the area of Litigation in Doyle’s Guide 2021.