Consistently ranked by clients and peers as a leading corporate lawyer, Kain Lawyers’ founder and Managing Director has over 25 years’ experience in corporate and equity capital markets law.
John’s experience ranges across private equity, capital markets and mergers and acquisitions. His experience in advising public and private companies and investment funds has seen him consistently ranked by the AFR’s ‘Best Lawyers in Australia’ and Doyles Guide as a leading corporate, ECM and M&A lawyer. John was named the 2022 Best Lawyers Private Equity Lawyer of the Year.
John’s recent experience includes advising:
- Zen Energy Group on the investment by GFG Alliance and subsequent demerger of those groups;
- Jumbuck Pastoral syndicate’s ~$104 million acquisition of the iconic Wave Hill station;
- Koonenberry Gold (ASX: KNB) on its IPO;
- Alium Capital Management on numerous pre-IPO investments;
- Adelaide Oncology and Haemotology on its sale to KKR & Co portfolio company GensisCare;
John is a Fellow of the AICD and has served numerous boards of listed and unlisted companies, public charitable trusts and government advisory panels. John has also founded or co-founded several businesses. These board and commercial roles complement his market-leading skills in corporate law to give him the rare ability to view and apply the law through a commercial lens.
John is listed as a ‘Recommended Lawyer’ in the 2022 edition of The Legal 500 (Asia Pacific) as well as being named the 2022 Best Lawyers Private Equity Lawyer of the Year.