Jason is an experienced property and infrastructure lawyer who advises in all areas of property and infrastructure law, with an emphasis on complex projects and transactions. He is known for his strong, hands-on involvement in matters and for being able to ‘get the deal done’.
Recent experience includes acting for:
- Inheritance Capital Asset Management (ICAM) on the acquisition of IKEA’s Adelaide distribution centre
- ROC Partners on the acquisition and long-term lease of agricultural land in Queensland
- SACARE on its partnership and property arrangements with Pemba Capital Partners
- Renewal SA in connection with the development, sale, and long-term leasing of the old Tonsley Mitsubishi Manufacturing site
- Australian Naval Infrastructure in connection with the acquisition and development of land for Commonwealth shipbuilding purposes
- The University of Adelaide on the sale of Glenthorne Farm to the State Government of South Australia
Jason regularly advises on:
- Structuring and documenting property developments and infrastructure projects (including joint ventures)
- Acquisitions and disposals in all property classes, including commercial, retail, industrial, agricultural and high value residential
- Due diligence investigations
- Sale and leaseback transactions
- Leasing and lease negotiation
- Mixed-use developments
- Taxation aspects of property
- General property issues such as subdivisions, easements, encumbrances (restrictive covenants), caveats and compulsory acquisition
Jason advises on stand-alone transactions and as part of larger projects and business acquisitions, disposals, and restructures.
He was previously recognised by Doyle’s Guide as a National Rising Star in property and is currently a member of the Property Council of Australia’s Taxation Committee (SA).