James is the leader of our Public M&A and Equity Capital Markets practice. He is a current member of the Australian Takeovers Panel and has extensive experience working in top-tier corporate law firms in Melbourne, London and most recently in Adelaide.
James’s experience includes leading the Kain teams advising:
- Kelsian Group (ASX:KLS) on its $698m (including up to $63m contingent consideration) acquisition of Transit Systems Group, together with a $154m capital raise by accelerated non-renounceable entitlement offer and placement;
- ROC Partners on its $350m+ competitive takeover bid for Vitalharvest (ASX: VTH).
- Kelsian Group (ASX: KLS) on its $125m acquisition of Transit Systems Marine, and the associated capital raising of $51m, and on Kelsian’s acquisition of the Kingfisher Bay Resort Group for $43m;
- Ellex Medical Lasers Limited (ASX: ELX) on its capital raising of $23.2m from US and Australian institutional and sophisticated investors; and
- Alcidion Group Limited (ASX: ALC) on its acquisition of MKM Health and UK-based Patientrack.
- Stilmark Group on its bid for the Optus tower portfolio and on the sale of Stilmark to OMERS Infrastructure
James is recognised as a leading M&A and Equity Capital Markets lawyer. He has been named ‘Lawyer of the Year’ in the areas of M&A and Equity Capital Markets by Best Lawyers in Australia and was recently named as a ‘Recommended Lawyer’ in the Legal 500 2022 Asia Pacific Edition in the area of Corporate M&A.