Gerry is the leader of our M&A (Private) and Equity Capital Markets (Private) practices. He has been advising on capital raising transactions, mergers and acquisitions and capital structuring for over 30 years in key financial markets including Sydney, Hong Kong and London. He is a trusted advisor to our clients.
Gerry’s experience includes leading the Kain teams advising:
- 24/7 Fuels on the sale of their business to Greenwich Capital Partners and Conplant Pty Ltd.;
- Adore Beauty’s (ASX:ABY) management team on its IPO;
- Grasshopper Environmental on its sale to Cleanaway Waste Management (ASX:CWY);
- Ansarada (ASX:AND) on its acquisition of TriLine GRC;
- Silk Laser Clinics (ASX:SLA) on its acquisition of Beauty Services Australia; and
- Best Doors & Reliance Doors on its business sale to Swiss listed company Dormakaba.
Gerry is an experienced board director and is frequently called upon to provide expert commentary around M&A trends in the mid-market.
Gerry is regularly named ‘Lawyer of the Year’ in the fields of M&A, venture capital and private equity. He was named a ‘Recommended Lawyer’ in the Legal 500 Asia Pacific Edition in 2023 in the area of Corporate M&A and is ranked by Doyle’s Guide to the Legal Profession as a ‘Pre-eminent’ M&A lawyer.