Brian is an experienced Corporate and Transactions lawyer who has advised high profile clients on public and private M&A transactions, corporate restructures, debt financing, major projects and complex and strategically critical transactions.
Brian specialises in private and public M&A, capital raisings, debt financing, major infrastructure projects, social and affordable housing and strategic commercial transactions.
Brian’s experience includes advising:
- Kelsian Group (ASX:KLS) on its $698m (including up to $63m contingent consideration) acquisition of Transit Systems Group;
- Conscious Investment Management on its $150 million investment with HousingFirst to acquire up to 307 social and affordable housing and its $50 million investment with Summer Housing to acquire specialist disability accommodation;
- Flavorite on its acquisition of Murphy Fresh and Tatura Fresh;
- ADM Capital on its acquisition of developed and greenfield almond orchards;
- Arcadea Group LLC’s acquisition of Avinet;
- Klein Tools on its acquisition of the Wattmaster and Alco businesses;
- Cool or Cosy Group on its acquisition of Tindo Solar;
- A large private philanthropic trust on its social impact investments in the areas of climate change, clean energy and social housing; and
- Zen Energy on the investment by GFG Alliance and subsequent demerger from the GFG Alliance.
Brian’s strong legal skills are complemented by his pragmatic and commercial approach. He has honed his commercial acumen whilst on secondment as legal counsel to several ASX listed companies and the Scott Group of Companies.
Brian was named ‘Lawyer of the Year’ for 2024 and has been recognised for excellence in Corporate Law in Best Lawyers since 2020. He has also been listed in Doyle’s Guide in the area of Corporate and Commercial Law since 2021.